Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2010 S550 has a problem with the steering wheel

Customer Question
My 2010 S550 has...

My 2010 S550 has a problem with the steering wheel adjustment up and down, is down will not move with the switch

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the car been driving lately?

Fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I wanted to fix it , have tried nothing so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/18/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 9 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

if you listen closely can you hear the motor whirring when you activate the switch up and down?

what happens if you set the cluster to easy entry and take the key out?

does the steering wheel move back up on its own?

most likely the issue is the motor or the linkage for the motor.

let me know what you see happening

Lou

Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you. the only way I am paid for my info and time is when you rate, if there is a issue with the info I sent and you need more help or anything then by all means please let me know and I will continue to help you, but please take the time to rate me so I may be paid. Thank you. Lou P.