Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2005 e500. The radio comes on with the key off and

drains the battery.If there is...
I have a 2005 e500. The radio comes on with the key off and drains the battery.If there is a cd playing it will drain it rather quickly. The radio goes off when i turn the car off but comes on later. I can turn the radio on and off without the key turned on. My solution was to make sure the radio was off when i turned the car off but the battery still goes dead even though i turned the radio off before i turned the car off. I took the car to a local repair shop and they could not find anything wrong with their diognostic equipment. Not sure what to do now. I live in Minot ND and will be in mpls next month. I have 65k on it and love it other than this problem
Answered in 1 day by:
10/18/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

the radio may be the cause of the draw but you also may have 2 separate issues.

what needs to be done is a parasitic draw test.

its where we shut the car off and lock the doors and test to see how much amperage is being drawn from the battery while at rest.

this is not a difficult test just tedious and the issue is not a lot of shops know the procedure.,

so the thing I recommend is to have the audio system software updated. this can only be done at a dealer and will take care of the radio coming on and off.

as for the draw I will attach the process so you can give to whatever shop you take the car to .

if there are any things you need clarification on or more info please let me know I will do what I can to help.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician