Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Mercedes e350 2010 has a small black plastic thing

Hi my Mercedes e350 2010...
Hi my Mercedes e350 2010 has a small black plastic thing hanging near right exhaust pipe. It has been this way for a week. Car seems to run fine. Pictures attached
10/15/2017
Kevin
Kevin, Master tech

Hi im kevin can you send pics ?

This is a piece of lower molding that attaches bumper and wheel arch liner together .it wont cause any running issues body need to be resecured.you may need new clips to reattach

Ok only had first picture .this actually looks to be a pick up for tpms sensor .its suppossed to be stuck to the arch liner .it will need to be reattached either gluied or drilled and bolted

Sorry tpms its for tire pressure pickup .you can glue it but you will have to get under car to get proper access

Kevin
Kevin, Master tech
Hi Kevin, thanks. How much should it cost to take it to a local mechanic, approx, Is there a replacement part I need to buy ?
Also I will rate you now ..but I hope you can answer follow up questions if I have any. I will be doing some research on this topic.

I wouldnt expect more that $40-50 just to reattach no parts needed