Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What would happen if the power was removed from the PSE

module? Would a person be...
What would happen if the power was removed from the PSE module? Would a person be able to start and to drive the vehicle, or would the security system shut down the electrical system?2003 SLK 320
Also, I think I know already by looking at pictures on other posts, but what plug is the power source to the module?
10/15/2017
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** far as I can tell the car will still start with the PSE disconnected as long as the anti-theft is disabled prior to disconnecting the PSE. The power plug is the 4 terminal connector on the module.

I understand there is 2 anti-theft devices. First the alarm and then a system that disables all the vehicle's electronic systems and "kills" the engine after about 1 second of running. ... Right now I clearing have a PSE issue on the door locking, but I would be fine with just using the key to lock the doors. But when I try to start the car, I starts and immediately dies. I read elsewhere online that if the PSE is disconnected this would not happen and I should be able to start and drive the vehicle. ... If I were to disconnect the anti-theft, which system, and how would that be done?

You cannot disconnect the vehicle immobilizer system. That system consists of the chip in the key that is read by the antenna ring around the ignition switch and is relayed to the drive authorization module. The module then authorizes the engine control module for starting. If the car starts and dies it is usually due to either a bad key, bad antenna ring or bad DAS control module.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician