Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2008 C350 4matic, it it very temperamental, it has

its days. Some days it...
I have a 2008 C350 4matic, it it very temperamental, it has its days. Some days it drives great and others it does not. It is especially bad after long drives on the highway. The acceleration will go down and the car will be very sluggish. I also feel a vibration when driving the vehicle. I have taken the care to various mechanics and have never been able to resolve the problem. I have changes the flex discs, the driveshaft, engine mounts and transmission mounts. I have no idea what to do. The only odd thing I have noticed is a loud whistling sound upon acceleration that comes from it seems the engine bay when the weather is below 10 degrees Celsius, until the engine warms up. The other thing I have noticed is that the brakes seem to heat up quickly as well as have rust forming on them after only a day of not driving. Last time I left my car for a week the brakes were stuck! I hope you can guide me in the right direction. Thanks!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have also had the transmission fluid level checked and transmission service completed about two years ago
10/15/2017
eautosales
eautosales, ASE MECHANIC

Any warning lights on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
none

have you had the exhaust checked for restrictions?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not, but have visually checked myself. I did not see anything.

sounds like a clogged catylitic converter,, I would have a shop do a back pressure test to see if they are restricted internally

eautosales
eautosales, ASE MECHANIC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, thanks!
eautosales
eautosales
eautosales, ASE MECHANIC