Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Po50c. 2013 e350. Coolant temp sensor. Fans on high speed.

2013 e350 Mechanic's Assistant:...

2013 e350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

coolant temp sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

Fans on high speed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How can i remove the coolant temp sensor on the 2013 E350

10/11/2017
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.
I do need a vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information to assist!!
Thanks

The vin number is ***** The cooling fans are running at high speeds and throwing a check engine light for PO50C. I have the coolant temp sensor but unlike other cars this sensor is in the left rear of the engine which is hard to get to. Wondering if you had information if the removal procedure of the coolant temp sensor

let me do my research and will get back shortly!!

ok the coolant temp sensor is part of the thermostat housing so the housing assy needs to be replaced which is located in front next to the throttle body!!

that sensor is the wrong sensor that you have!!

anything else?
if not.....
I try to be online 365 days a year.
I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.
This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!
A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!
I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!
So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!
If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.
Thanks
Wolfgang

according to my vin, which type of motor do i have?

Ident number:WDD HF8JB0 DA 667785

Vehicle ident number (FIN):WDD 212088 1A 667785

Vehicle ident number (VIN):WDD HF8JB0 DA 667785

Model series:E (212)

Model:212.088 - E 350 4MATIC Limousine

Engine:276.952

Transmission:722.960

Loud fans and check engine light po50C cold start coolant temp performance signal compare failure. Change thermostat?

yes correct the coolant temp sensor is incorporated with the thermostat and only available as an assembly.

part # 276 200 05 15

https://europortparts.com/catalog/product/view/id/119718 this is the type of sensor i got...

if you look at the pic it shows the thermostat . 900 and 901 is the connector hard shell and the terminals for the sensor

that sensor is used for the old 272 motor which is sold separately but not for your motor 276.

this is directly from Benz part catalog.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician
Okay thank you

my pleasure!!