Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Mercedes Benz SL500.I had to disconnect the…

I have a 2006 Mercedes...
I have a 2006 Mercedes Benz SL500.I had to disconnect the evaporator And I let the freon outNo I had no problems with my air conditionerBut now will not seem to take the freon
PS I had to take the freon out of one of my other Mercedes before And came across the same problem the compressor would not kick on I don't remember what I had to do To get the compressor to come back on and
The compressor to come back on and circulate the freon
10/11/2017
Kevin
Kevin, Master tech

Hi I'm Kevin the system has a pressure sensor on it that prevents compressor from running with low pressure to prevent damage . The only way to get freon in it to pull a vacumme on system to pull refrigerant in

Kevin I understand what you're saying but there may be an easier way.If you could please check on a lot of these cars you can turn the ignition key on hold two of the buttons down on theOn the climate control panelClimate control panel until they start to Blink or something like that I just don't remember the Sequence you do it I just don't remember how do you think you could look into that for meYou think you can look into that for me Thank you thank you

Hi im kvin on this model there is no overide option .this is an electronic safety system to protect compressor .the only way to correctly fill is to pull a vac on system to draw refrigerant in

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Kevin
Kevin, Master tech
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Master tech