Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After a front crash accident my 2010 s550 Mercedes Benz will…

Customer Question
After a front crash...

After a front crash accident my 2010 s550 Mercedes Benz will run and later cut of power and won’t start...all the lights on the dash keeps popping up showing all form of malfunctions...had to get it towed home...what do I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I’m not a technician but I was able to move around some of the fuses and it won’t stilll start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve not really tried anything yet but I believe it’s an electrical problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car won’t just start...and I believe it’s as result of the front end accident

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
I drove the car and after about an hour plus the car just shuts down and won’t start again.
1E94C6D8-ECA0-4759-9626...jpeg1E94C6...jpeg421A3D9D-BD65-40AB-AD03...jpeg421A3D...jpeg84B15E8F-3879-4C1A-88C9...jpeg84B15E...jpeg1A09C3CF-25A7-4B59-A99F...jpeg1A09C3...jpeg
10/6/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 10 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

after looking over the pictures and the story a few questions come to light,

1. are you driving the car as it looks in the pictures?
  2. was the car already repaired and now you are having these issues?
  3. does the car always start and drive fine and then do this or did it only drive once and then die and never restart?

thanks, Lou

The car Is already repaired and now i am having these issues?
Yes the car does always start and drive fine and then do this or did it only drive once and then die and never restart?

ok, so how long does the car have to sit before it will start again?

does the engine crank when it dies? can you crank it over and over?

It sat overnight and then in the morning I tried staring it and still it refused...after about two hours of later this morning it started.
I can’t remember if it cranked when I first cutoff but I cranked it over and over last night and this morning and it didn’t start, after which it later started.
I noticed all the lights do come on on the dash when cranking it while shut off.

ok, so its possible that its related but also can not be.

lets check fuel pressure.

the fuel pressure test port is at the passenger front of the fuel rail. it has like a tire cap on it . we need to see if the fuel pump is coming to life.

sorry for my delays I am usually quicker.

this week has been super busy both in life and on the site,

Lou