Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had to replace my battery on my 2000 ml350 and now the…

Customer Question
I had to replace...

I had to replace my battery on my 2000 ml350 and now the radio is asking me to enter a code...

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

I bought the car without a manual, there is nothing in the glove box

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The battery had a dead cell so my mechanic replaced it, when I picked it up, I pressed the on button for the radio but a screen appeared asking for a code...It worked fine before the battery died!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I just need the code to re-activate the radio

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
10/5/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so with this problem you will have to call the dealer and retrieve the code, some past owners may have written it down in or on the glove box or on the radio, if they try to charge you that mechanic owes you a radio code,

I'm not satisfied with that answer...I want my money back, $31 for you to direct me to the dealer...I knew I could go to the dealer and have it reset, I explained my issue with the assistant before I paid and she could have told me your experts are limited!

I dont know why you just wouldnt take it to the mechanic ?