Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chip card not recognised on CL500 (2001), worked perfectly…

Customer Question
Chip card not recognised...

Chip card not recognised on CL500 (2001), worked perfectly still yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your CL500?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Turning the key but wont turn

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

No damage

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Lock and unlock works

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
10/5/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

When you insert the key into the ignition and try and turn it does it turn at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete