Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just purchased a 2013 Smart Passion and the passenger front…

Customer Question
Just purchased a 2013...

Just purchased a 2013 Smart Passion and the passenger front turn signal doesn't work. Assuming it to be the bulb I replaced the bulb and still doesn't work. Also the right side courtesy light on the fender doesn't work. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

The rear is working. Are they on seperate fuses?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 smart?

Passion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I only determined which wire it was and probed it. No power. Yes, I'm doing it myself.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
10/4/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you are having issues with your right turn signal. If you are not receiving power to the turn signal, then your issue is likely going to be and open in the wiring from the SAM unit(fuse box) to the turn signal. Here, I am attaching the electrical diagram for this component, along with the SAM control unit location.

If the wire proves to be sound, then you will likely end up replacing the combination switch.

Ok. I'll get on it tomorrow and get back to you.

Sounds good. Keep me posted. If you need me, I'll be here. Also, if you are able to do so, you should have the vehicle scanned in order to see if this issue is producing a code in the module. This will help locate and cure the issue.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.