Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 Mercedes 430clk. A hurricane Irma issue ...had…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Mercedes 430clk. A hurricane Irma issue ...had to move the car out of a storm. The battery was weak but got it jumped, got almost to the location and it stopped running. Battery had been week before and we let it run for 45 min or so, then it stalled Seemed like it thought it was being stolen. Bought a new battery put it in and it won't start. Seems like maybe it is not recognizing the keys code .. I do have the the original 2 keys. Could it be a programming issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

Just put in a new battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

Not a MINI, a mercedes 430clk

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is not a MINI....it is a Mercedes 430clk convertible v8

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What I typed in previous messages should be it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
10/4/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** that the battery is now good and you are not having to jump start the car I would suspect that you have a fault with the crankshaft position sensor. If the sensor fails you will get intermittent stalling and eventually a complete crank/no start situation. It does not sound like a key or programming issue. You will need to get the car checked to see if there is spark to the spark plugs when cranking the motor. If there is no spark I would suspect the crankshaft sensor. If you do have spark I would then check to see if there is fuel pressure in the fuel rail. If there is no fuel pressure you may have a faulty fuel pump.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Just checking in. Was the information I provided helpful?

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician