Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Changed the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors and car…

Customer Question
Changed the camshaft and...

Changed the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors and car still wont start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

Does not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2000 clk430

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CLK430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, had a engine knock, which was the result of a couple bad rockerarms, change the whole rocker assembly; change the right side, engine started after.change the left side,now engine wont start. plugged up diaognostic gave code0341 cam/crankshaft sensor.change both still no start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Diagnostic is still saying cam/cranksensor bad.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
10/3/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 10 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** code is telling you that the cam and crank sensor signal are not in sync. You need to recheck the cam timing. It sounds like you may have jumped a tooth when you put it back together. I've attached a picture below.

Just checking in. Was the information I provided helpful?