Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Mercedes 380 sl 107 I tried to start it and about…

Customer Question
I have a Mercedes...

I have a Mercedes 380 sl 107 I tried to start it and about two gallons of fuel went in the oil dump what would course that

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

What's a shut of valve there's fuel in the tank the fuel is clean had fuel tank sealed new filter fuel pump and fuel tank filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes at the moment I won't to lerne more about this car so I can fix it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What do you won't to know I had the FD refurbished

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
When I cranked the engine it tried to start but no fuel going to the cylinders all going to the sump oil the fd is working fine could it be fuel pressure regulator or something commen I have no idea
10/3/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 10 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** you are dumping fuel into the sump you either have a bad fuel distributor or the mixture is so far out of adjustment it is flooding the cylinders.

When you say the mixture you mean the plunger adjustment
call me

The phone call is an additional $26 charge. Do you still want me to call?

Yes I am referring to the plunger adjustment.

Are you still there?

A foully fd is the only way fuel is gonna enter the sump oil and dose the fuel in the engine sump course any danger
Correct, a faulty fuel distributor or the mixture being so far out of adjustment that it’s dumping fuel as soon as you crank the motor is the only way you can fill the sump with fuel. You need to drain the oil as soon as possible as the fuel will thin out the oil.
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 9 months ago

Just checking in. Did you get this squared away? Was the information I provided helpful?