Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a cls550 and when I'm driving saying stop car it to…

Customer Question
I have a cls550...

I have a cls550 and when I'm driving saying stop car it to low

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your CLS550?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CLS550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing it's just sitting in my driveway.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

If you're getting a 'too low' message then there's a fault with the air suspension

if the car is sat down on its bump stops then this would back the error message up

the next step would be to plug the car into a MB diagnostic tool such as STAR this can communicate with the car and pull off the stored fault code

usually to get a low suspension fault there's a leaking airbag or a faulty compressor or a sticking valve block but getting the code will point to the fault and save a lot of time & money

if you try and raise the car on the ride height switch you may hear if 1 corner is hissing air

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you