Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Tryin to rest my audio, just goes to wait? Thats it

Customer Question
Tryin to rest my...

Tryin to rest my audio, just goes to wait?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Thats it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
10/3/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 10 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** is the year and model of your Mercedes? Do you have the radio code?

2005 14514,that’s the code
No txt is easy

What is the model? Can you post your vin number?

Ml350 vin#4jgab57e45a564809

Ok, do you have CODE showing up on the display before you enter the code? Are you pressing the button below OK after you enter the code?

Wait showing on display

Ok, you need to leave the key turned on to the first click and leave the radio turned on continuously until WAIT changes to CODE then you can enter the code and press OK to accept the code. It can take a long time for the radio to change to CODE. Sometimes as long as 24 hours. If you turn the key off or the radio off before it changes to CODE the waiting period starts over again.

been on for 2 hrs.now punch in the code twice & press ok to accept it just go back to wait display again

Did the radio show CODE on the display before you entered the code?

If the radio showed CODE before you entered the code and the code didn't work you simply have the wrong code. I can check the Mercedes database in the morning to see what code is on file for your vin number.

the instructions you send is the same step that I’m doin just keep goin back to wait mode, also I have with me the radio code card from the dealer so I know it’s right

If you are following the instructions you must have the wrong code. More than likely the radio has been changed and you have an old code card. If the code on file with Mercedes is also 14514 you are going to need to remove the radio and give me the serial number. I can look up the correct code using the radio serial number. I'll reply back in the morning and let you know what I find.

why are you telling me that I have the wrong card i own the car that why I know it was right , I did it before and it works, & you’re telling me it’s a wrong code, are you SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOIN???????
You know what mofo you’re f**kin title is a piece of SHIT for a mere $5 dollars tryin to get me you know what I could give you more than that if you been honest assHOLE & you’re askin for a high rating f**k YOUR MOMMA I know you’re tryin to get my $ you’re wrong bitch
I already cancelled and dispute with my card asshole, next time be honest ok go to hellll....
Are you ok? I’m just trying to help you with your radio. I’ve been doing this for over 40 years. I think I know what I’m doing.