Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 cl 500 and it was having starting problems. It…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 cl 500 and it was having starting problems

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes it turns on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Mercedes?

Yes the dashboard doesn't turn on and wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I thought it was the relay so i replace it for another one so when i tried to started it shut of m dash board and now it wont start nor my windows or cigarret lighter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The dash doesn't come on and the shifter is lock that's all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
it initially started because i tried to start the car but it would not crank everything would turn on like normal exept it would not start only a small click, so i try to replace a relay (L) that's the choke relay, i replace it for another relay that had the 5 plugs, but when i try to started that's when the dashboard wont light up the key turns but no lights go on the shifter is lock cigarrete lighter wont work windows wont work. radio works and the remote works. It allows me to turn the key all the way, i then put back the original relay but is useless, i need to know what fuse was burn so i can replace it and then it will unlock the shifter and get it town to fix the starter or what ever the problem was originally before all this happen. thanks it would be great if you can call me (###) ###-#### thank you
10/2/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 10 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

can you send me a picture of the fuse box that you pulled the relay from? we do not have a choke relay, and you should never replace a relay with more terminals,

it sounds like the battery is dead, have you tried to charge or jump the battery?

please let me know and I can help you with this,

Lou