Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 CLS550...While in the garage, I heard a high pitched…

Customer Question
Hi! 2009 CLS550...While...

Hi! 2009 CLS550...While in the garage, I heard a high pitched whistle come from the left front. Afterward, the left front had lowered. I put soapy water on the air fitting at the top of the shock. It bubbled. I tighten the fitting and the bubbling stopped. However, that side is still lower than the right. Is ther a leveling fuction I need to set?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

Just happened. Garage kept. 59k miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CLS550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixed the apparent leak at the fitting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This string covers it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: eautosales, ASE MECHANIC replied 7 months ago
eautosales
eautosales, ASE MECHANIC

have yiu started the car to level the system?

Started the car, yes
The fitting no longer bubbles, but the car did not level
Mercedes Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive world for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

​Do you have a scan tool? There is specs to level the air but it requires a compatible scan tool to do it.

I do not have a scan tool
Mercedes Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 7 months ago

ok, then I can still give you the procedure and maybe you can use your ingenuity and use a psi or bar gauge and do it manually. Would you like the procedure?

Mercedes Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 7 months ago

1. After replacement of the suspension air bags or air suspension leak repair, pre-fill them to .5 bar with the factory scan tool.

2. Place a floor jack on the lower control arm and raise the lower control arm to almost a horizontal position. Pre-fill the suspension air bags to 2 bar.

3. Inspect alignment of the air bag. If it is not parallel to the shock and is starting to lean, deflate the bag and restart fill procedure.

It was my pleasure answering your question. Now that we have either answered, or somewhat answered the question, I will offer my rating. Please let me know if for some reason you are not satisfied with the results I gave you, let me know because I strive for excellence & a 5 star. If you feel 5 star is not worth it, let me know what else I can do or change. Leaving a bad rating or negative rating only hurts me not the site. So please let me know if there is something I can do for you to earn your 5 star rating. Thank you. Sincerely, Michael.

Mercedes Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 7 months ago

it has been quite some time, have not received a rating yet, is there anything else you need?

Michael Solis
Michael Solis
Michael Solis