Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced battery in 1996 280c and the cars starts and stops…

Customer Question
Replaced battery in 1996...

Replaced battery in 1996 280c and the cars starts and stops imediately

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '96 Mercedes?

280c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced a blown engine fuse 30 amp

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Seems to me the anti theft system is immediately cutting fuel off after start

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 day by:
10/2/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

this is the anti theft, you are correct, use the key and lock and unlock the car either with the key in the drivers door or the remote pointed at the rear view mirror so the green light will flash, then it should start. let me know if this works or not.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician