Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Yesterday the red line indicator of low tire pressure came…

Customer Question
Yesterday the red line...

Yesterday the red line indicator of low tire pressure came on and I therefore stopped and had the tire pressure checked with there being one tire slightly low and was corrected. The red lining stopped but later in the day the small yellow deflated tire insignia came on and after repeated driving and start stopping I can not get the yellow designation light to go off. Suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the tire cold or warm? And are you using a decent pressure guage for the reading?

The tire has been both cold and warm at different times and the tire was fixed at the service center yesterday..

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2008 C350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing actually other then stopping at varlious times and turning the engine off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of..

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/30/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Okay

So with the year of the vehicle is about the time the batteries in the tire sensors expire, I would have a diagnostics performed on the tire pressure monitoring system to make sure your sensors are ok and not dying, what your explaining is typical battery dying in a sensor even though your tire pressure is at correct psi, I myself like to run 40 in my tires and I believe your model is in the mid 30's. Most people will say run whats on the door, but that is for the factory tires that come with the vehicle and most people never keep these same tires at which point you should pay attention to the psi rating on the tire and I always like to go with the high limit rating on those as it give you better fuel and tire wear.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.