Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have damaged my front right bumper three times because I…

Customer Question
I have damaged my...

I have damaged my front right bumper three times because I live in an area with very high curbs angled so the right curb hits them frequently. What are some affordable solutions. Thanks a lot.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

ThHold on--have to run outside!. Thanks for waiting. year is 2012, model is c-300.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had a curb alert installed --a disaster--it only beeps when close to the left (from the driver's perspective, curb.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/29/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

If you do a search on ebay , I already have it pulled up for you on the link below, you will find you can get a un painted and if your lucky a same color bumper, if you can find one with the same color, you can get that sent to your local mechanic and they can install it, its always good to keep your options open as well, I would go to the local auto body shop and get quote they can do it for free and that will give you another option as well.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks shawn.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mercedes+c300+front+bumper&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0_dH-qMvWAhVG6CYKHXOvBu0QsxgIJw&biw=1366&bih=659

I will contact you later. Now I need help from a friend and she is leaving. Sorry to bother you.
I don't understand your terms so forget that I called.
Sean: You only told me how to fix my bumper, not where to get something like an alert system that will warn me when I'm approaching a curb on the right side. In my community all the curbs are too low for a low slung car. Fixing the curb with paint doesn't help.
Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago

https://www.ebay.com/i/281951277905?chn=ps&dispItem=1

here is a curb alert system

Please opt out not happy with the answer. Thanks!
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 9 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello are you still needing help?