Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have" coolant visit workshop message on my C230 mercedes

Customer Question
i have " coolant...
i have " coolant visit workshop message on my C230 mercedes benz.
JA: What year is your C230?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your C230 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have not tried it yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i would like to know what kind of problem it is.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/29/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive world for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

That message means there is an issue with the coolant system (obviously)

The correct procedure would first have to put the scan tool to see what codes it marks.

Usually, it means the coolant fan is not working, but would require a scan tool to verify that, do you know if your fan is working?

The fan doesn't turn on when the engine is running.
Mercedes Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 3 months ago

It is possible there is a fan issue going on, could be the fan motor or module, if you got power and ground going to the fan motor but fan is not functioning then motor is bad, if you got power and ground at module but no power and ground at fan then module is bad.

Mercedes Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 3 months ago

Were you satisfied with your answer? do you need more time? Is there anything else can do for you?

Mercedes Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 3 months ago

It was my pleasure answering your question. Now that we have either answered, or somewhat answered the question, I will offer my rating. Please let me know if for some reason you are not satisfied with the results I gave you, let me know because I strive for excellence & a 5 star. If you feel 5 star is not worth it, let me know what else I can do or change. Leaving a bad rating or negative rating only hurts me not the site. So please let me know if there is something I can do for you to earn your 5 star rating. Thank you. Sincerely, Michael.

Michael Solis
Michael Solis
Michael Solis