Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Something keeps running when the car is turned off and has…

Customer Question
Something keeps running when...

Something keeps running when the car is turned off and has like a burning smell.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

B200

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mercedes?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had to undo the battery and when i reconnected it it started again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car starts but the burning is like some sort of fluid is burning or something.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/28/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 10 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

ok
I have in in a shop. it sound like the noise is coming from under the windshield washer container.
Mercedes Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive world for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

is the shop currently looking at it now, or will it be tomorrow?

tomorrow

Did they determine it to be under the windshield washer container, or was that your opinion?

they had a quick look and think it is under the washer container.
overtime the battery is reconnected the noise starts agin and some sort of burning smell.
everytime

I can see what kind of components are under the washer container if you like

Could it be the secondary air pump or relay. Would that cause the burning smell?
Hello are you still helping me?