Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have P200A code, limp mode. I tried to clear it, but comes…

Customer Question
I have P200A code...

I have P200A code, limp mode

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Yes I tried to clear it, but comes instant on restart. code is P200A

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2011 Sprinter 3 litre sorry, Guessing it's stuck swirl valve, is there a manual way to move the swirl valve?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just cleaned the EGR hoping that's what was stuck,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so how much is this service cost

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Mercedes Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Ok

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/28/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, ASE Master Certified Tech replied 10 months ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, ASE Master Certified Tech

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo. As mileage increases on these engines, the possibility for carbon buildup on the swirl ports may prevent correct operation and possible damage of the inlet port shutoff motor.

to fix this problem you will need to first...Remove the turbo inlet hose to allow better visibility of the inlet port shut-off motor (M72/2) and left/right intake port shut-off end position sensors (B90/2 & B90/3), located in the valley of the engine.

is there a way to manually mover it, free it up if it's stuck
thanks

no this motor burns up and will need to be replace if is burnt out, Verify the connectors are plugged in correctly and that there are no issues with damaged wiring. Connector plug on M72/2 has battery voltage, ground and a signal wire.

disconnecting the control arms will just cause stalls. and the engine will go in to Throttle angle default of 35 MPH only

you will need to clean all the intake port passages and Replaced M72/2 Intake Port Shutoff Actuator

Thanks

sorry i wish there was an easier way believe me.