Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My dvd player and headrest are not working I cant even put a…

Customer Question
My dvd player and...

My dvd player and headrest are not working I cant even put a dvd in the player it wont accept it...like it has no power...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2009 gl 450

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.....I googled the issue check the only fuse I thought could be the problem #23

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes...there is only one that I see that would have something to do with that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/27/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

if you hear the pump running ,then all the fuses are fine its just an air leak. You can also verify this by opening and closing doors. Every time you open a door the pump will run for 30 seconds. If it does that, you definitely have a leak. The air line runs from the pump in the trunk to the headrest and to the two front seats for lumbar support. The most prone area for failure is the two front seats due to all the movement of the seats. Lift the front seats as much as possible and hear for air leaks on the lines. When you find them cut the area of the leaky line and replace that section of the line with a new line available at any auto parts store. That will fix your headrest and your lumbar support.

now The dvd , i m going to assume : The Audio for DVD is easy.

On the command Nav under audio, you can select "AUX". This is for the DVD sound to come out in the main car speakers. If not, then you don't have the setting selected, the default is for the headset.

You can also change the rear head set for MP3, CD or radio besides the dvd audio

let me know on the dvd ,we might need a factory scanner for that to be accurate

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat