Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It's a sprinter and a light came on that looks like eyes. On…

Customer Question
It's a sprinter and...

It's a sprinter and a light came on that looks like eyes

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the dash board after I started then when shift into gear drive it goes out what does it mean

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sprinter?

1999

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I don't know what that sensor means

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/26/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 10 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

That is the glow plug indicator lamp. That is just letting you know that the glow plugs are heating up. Since the engine is diesel there are no spark plugs . The fuel is ignited by the heat of the compression . So if the engine is cold the glow plugs help heat up the cylinder . This is normal operation unless the light never shuts off then you have a issue . Hope this helps !

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified