Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I am being told by the Mercedes dealership that the turn

signal lights located on the...
I am being told by the Mercedes dealership that the turn signal lights located on the driver's side view mirror is not replaceable and the complete side view mirror must be replaced. Vehicle is a 2002 Mercedes S500 (V8-5.0L).Is this true?
Also, I am told this vehicle comes equipped with HID headlamps which is standard for this model vehicle. At present, the low beam bulb is blown on the passenger side. Is this also correct?
Thanks for your help.
Sorry! Forgot the VIN # WDBNG75J52A256528
9/26/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

I have checked the vin# & I m afraid all they told you is correct

You can replace that low bean bulb yourself save you some money , you can buy bulbs for low beam one from local parts store or online

If you want i can send you instruction for it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Just to confirm, the turn signals on the driver's side view mirror can only be replaced with a complete side view mirror assembly?
I need instructions for headlamp bulb replacement. Do I need to remove the bumper?

No you do not have to , for the driver side view mirror no

click on link to view pdf file

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

I am still awaiting instructions for headlamp bulb (low beam) replacement.

sorry you said changing the mirror no bumper, ok u need headlamp ,let me send you that

Head lamp removal & replace

Please let me know if you need anything else

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Thank you.
Thank you for the Rating :)
If you need my assistance in the future Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page
You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat