Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A whistling sound from the turbo on my 2010 ml350 bluetec. I…

Customer Question
A whistling sound from...

A whistling sound from the turbo on my 2010 ml350 bluetec

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had an independent Mercedes mechanic rebuild the oil cooler because it was leaking....he had to tear down the motor and take the turbo off to access the oil cooler....ever since the was done upon acceleration it whistles under load...no check engine light and the vehicle drives fine besides the noise

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

No light

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/26/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Kevin, Master tech replied 8 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Master tech

Hi I'm Kevin the noise you describe sounds as though you may have a small leak on turbo . The fact it's just been off would make be more inclined to believe this is the case . I suspect one of the gaskets on the turbo hasn't quite taken and has a small leak giving your whistle under load

please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Master tech