Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need to replace broken front grill on 2014 Mercedes E550…

Need to replace broken...

Need to replace broken front grill on 2014 Mercedes E550 4matic. It is a sport package grill with the Mercedes star log in center. It has distronic and surround view camera in the grill. How do you remove the grill?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Mercedes?

E550 4 matic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, but I have not attempted to remove the grill yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

As previously stated, the car has the sport package grill with the star logo in the center as well as distronic and surround view camera

9/25/2017
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # to get the factory information to assist.

thanks

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician
The VIN is WDDHF9BB9EA898447Thanks
AL
Phone call session started

just checking in to see if all ok!!

Received the data on removing the bumper but please clarify since the bumper and grill shown are not the same bumper and grill on my vehicle. Is this a typical instruction (one size fits all)? Although my 2014 Mercedes E550 is not an AMG, it has an AMG style bumper that wraps completely around the grill. The grill is the smaller size, sometimes called "facelift" style that has a large Mercedes Star logo in the center of the grill. Please advise. Thanks, Al

hey check your email!!

Received the drawing and it does match my bumper. Thank you.
My pleasure