Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

R/R is the fix for this SBC problem but I do not see any

R/R is the fix for this SBC problem but I do not see any further leaks on my car system or so. What is another way to resolve this alarming red light from the SBC computer fault code stored. Cant I just have it reset for the next few million times brake pedal depression or so?
Thanks!

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

there is a kit on ebay that will reset it. BUT in my mind that is not safe. Mercedes engineers put that life timer on there so prevent accidents if the motor fails. this car is now 15 years old and the pump works every 5 pedal presses. so the risk is up to you but for safetys sake I cannot recommend it.

hope this helps.

Lou

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Lou I spoke to an independent shop European Auto Repair in Walnut Creek Ca and said that it takes 1.5 hours to diagnose that defect description at the rate of $120/hour. Having paid those hours they should be able to give me a full defect description advice and print out on what should be done to correct and repair the problem..? What do you think. Thanks

1.5 hours to plug in a machine and press ok, that is too long.

.5-1.0 is an acceptable diagnosis.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I dont know why people take advantage and not for a right reason

i know, its sad, because you have a mercedes and you have limited options.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I think I need a laptop loaded with MB software/program diagnostics just for my model and year. Is there a site to get one?

www.mbstartool.com

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Lou, is Item number SP117 in stock a good tool for my SBC test and repair

I dont even know what that means lol.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry I was referring to an item number on www.mbstartool