Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I replaced the battery in my s430 Mercedes and the door

I replaced the battery...

I replaced the battery in my s430 Mercedes and the door locks wouldn't work also the trunk wouldn't open with the inside switch or the remote. Checked the fuse in the rear and it was blown I replaced the fuse and it blew again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes the one under the hood was not blown but the 20 amp in the back blew twice.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your S430?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes just checking fuses using the fuse diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it for now

9/25/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

can you tell me what fuse you replaced that blew? was it fuse 62 for the pse?

if so then the pse module will need replaced. the motor most likely shorted .

this is a very common issue. here is the location of the pump/module.

its the drivers front area of the trunk.

hope this helps.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician