Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

SRS warning appeared and radio stop sounding. With the car,

Customer Question
SRS warning appeared and...

SRS warning appeared and radio stop sounding

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

With the car, i suppose

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

ML350 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, but i have a couple of fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I heard e tick from right side back of the car at the same time as it happened

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/25/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In your under hood fuse panel on the drivers side check fuses F40 and F16 and make sure they are o.k.If these are o.k. and you heard this tick noise you may have shorted or damaged wiring leading to the sound amplifier and air bag computer causing both issues to occur here.I would check these fuses first and see if any issues are found.If these are checked and found o.k. then you will need to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set and then those codes diagnosed to then locate and repair the fault.

There may be shorted wiring under the center console area causing this issue here needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic