Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Key fob unlocks doors and truck, when I insert into ignition…

Customer Question
Key fob unlocks doors...

Key fob unlocks doors and truck, when I insert into ignition switch and turn the dash lights illuminate but starter will not not actuate. Tried it 8-10 times and it finally energized starter motor. Did this three times yesterday, do not want to end up broken down some where. 2001 Mercedes S430 with 106,000 KM well looked after.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Dash board light, speedo and gauges all illuminated.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Mercedes?

S430- 4 door sedan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet, If I can fix it on a Sunday yippee, may have to get it to a mechanic

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/24/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you hear any clicking noises at all when trying to start the engine when this occurs?

Let me know,thanks Pete