Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The top wont go down, the windows roll down and tha back…

Customer Question
The top wont go...

The top wont go down, the windows roll down and tha back window latch release, but thats as far as it goes

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

99 clk 320 i just bought the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took the metal plate from the trunk to make sure the pump had oil it did so no oil leak

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/24/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 10 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Can you hear the pump operating ? Can you send me a picture of how the top looks when it stops working ? I would like to see the location of the roof and back window . I can help with this I am very good with tops. I would strongly suggest a phone call as this can take forever with messaging . A lot can get lost in translation . Let me know . I will not be on long for today but I will try and respond when I see your responses . Lou

I tested the pump motor it is working,
I tested the relay it is working,
i tested the ground switch for the trunk luggage cover it is groundingthe latch/solenoid for the back glass to release is working,This is what happens, i unlock the top at the front, trunk is closed car in park. pull the top switch up, windows roll down, and u can hear the pump then the back glass latch releases and the glass pops up. BUT Thats pretty much it. nothing else happen.I appreciate any help.marcello

ok!!!! that is perfect, so for this top its super tight, so what you need to do is unlatch the top handle and push the top up so the front is at an angle. then the top will pull back, i will send over a picture if i can find one.

Lou

ok see the pictures how the top is at an angle in the front? you need to pull the release swith and twist it to pop it open then push the front of the top top so it flexes up at a 45 degree angle and then you can work the top.

try that

Lou

Lou i cannot see a picture. so what ur saying is when i unlatch the front of the top go ahead and raise it up about like 12"? just the front section then push the button right?

yes, and sorry here is the diagram