Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 Dodge Sprinter 2500. My self. The vehicle not shift…

Customer Question
2005 Dodge Sprinter 2500 ...

2005 Dodge Sprinter 2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes my self

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes the vehicle not shift from first gear to second

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

The scanner code show P0720, P0500, U0122

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/23/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 10 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need you vin # to get the factory info to assist!!

thanks

Just continue what we talked