Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2013 ML350 V6 Diesel The tailgate does not raise or…

Customer Question
I have a 2013 ML350...
I have a 2013 ML350 V6 DieselThe tailgate does not raise or lower automatically.
I can hear the the mechanism unlocking the latch but no whiney sound as usual. I checked the fuses under the back seat (all of them appear to be fine)We had the turbo repaired, and also had the battery replaced after the turbo repair. The vehicle cluster did not even light up if you turned the key.New battery, reconditioned turbo... the vehicle is butter... yet no tailgate opening.Please help
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/23/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help you with this
You will need to replace both rear tailgate struts . The strut on the passenger side is actually the one that has a screw style mechanism inside that spins to open and close the tailgate. We have had many issues with this and Mercedes even updated the part along with the driver side so you must purchase them together . Getting the new struts will fix your problem . By strut I do mean the shock/lift support that are connected to the left and right side of the tailgate door . Hope this helps
Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified

Hello, it has been a few days Since I have given you the answer to your issue,.

if you need more help please let me know, if not can you please rate my service 5 stars so I may be paid, thanks!

Lou

Thanks Lou
They just go for no reason?? I will have my Mech check if we get power to the unit and see if we cant repair it?
I will let you know if we are successful.

correct, not everything has to show signs of failure. good luck in getting it to work, these were very common to fail and are not serviceable, they most be replaced. but if you get it let me know. please take a second to rate me it will not close the chat.

there is not much more info I can give you on this situation.

but let me know if you need anything else. I will do what I can to help.

Lou

Hello, checking in, not sure if you need anything else from me but please rate my service if we are good here :)

thanks, Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician