Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am working on a 2007 cls 550 I have reoccurring codes 1337…

Customer Question
I am working on...

I am working on a 2007 cls 550 I have reoccurring codes 1337 2237 2240 and 0638 I have checked all wires and connections battery is next to new and volts are good alternator is almost new Up stream o2 sensors are new with same results as old ones Had the ecu sent out to be checked and came back tested ok Any help would be great

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No leakage and no smell of sulfur

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm fixing my own charging system seems to be checking out and I have read about toast codes for charging so I am worried about the throttle jamming /icing up. Codes and the up stream 02 sensors reading 5 volts all the time

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All fuses checked ok and Sam moduls have no codes any help would be great thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/23/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 11 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

0638 misfire of cylinder 5

1337 alternator serial interface -the line to the alternator must have greater then 11v positive when the engine is runnig. check the line to the engine module pin 45 of the bigger connector

2237 self adjustment of the mixture information of the left bank is erratic-that is the drivers side ,

2240 is not in my star diagnosis. ? please recheck? what is the description?

are these codes P codes or what kind of scanner are you using? the mercedes fault code database should both mercedes codes and P codes. and they can easily be confused so if you can upload the descriptions I can advise .

Lou

The 2237 and 2240 are both p codes and refer to high voltage at up stream 02 sensors I am using a snap on verdit scanner the 0638 is Mercedes code referring to throttle icing or jamming
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 10 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a vin # of the vehicle to assist!!

Thanks