Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I can't find the torque specs for the valve covers on a 1984…

I can't find the...

I can't find the torque specs for the valve covers on a 1984 SEL 500.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the torque specs?

No, I cant' find them.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '84 Mercedes?

It's an SEL 500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I replaced the valve cover gaskets

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

9/22/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

I found it for you, it is 3 Nm. That equates to 26.5 inch/pounds. Found on Alldata.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor