Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What are the consequences of not replacing an actuator

motor, and what is an...
What are the consequences of not replacing an actuator motor, and what is an estimated price range of that work, parts and labor? Thank you!
9/22/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

What actuator? Or what is the problem you are currently having? Thanks.

The part that has to do with the hearing and air conditioning system. If you're able to see my previous questions, in June of 2016, Marty answered a question about it for me. Does that help?

I see the question. It depends on what actuator is failing, there is a few of them. There is one to select hot/cold on drivers side, one to select hot/cold on passenger side, and one to control airflow such as through vents, defrost, or floor. Depending on the actuator and if it completely fails or not the option to change settings will no longer be available. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

And to answer the other part of your question, it is about a 8 hour job because whole dash needs to come off and around $100 for the part. So you would be looking at around $900 total depending on where you go. Let me me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician