Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My tail lights are not working. both bulbs were loose glass…

Customer Question
My tail lights are...

My tail lights are not working. both bulbs were loose glass in the base, new bulbs, now doesn't work. 2002 sl500

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Yes, replaced with new bulbs. Connection seem to be ok as all the other bulbs work in the housing as far as I can tell

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced one of the hydraulic cylinders in the top mechanism and had to remove the tail light housing in the trunk to access it. When I put it back together, one of the taillights (right side) worked, left didn't. Both bulbs were loose glass, so I got new bulbs, now neither works. I suspect fuse, but can't tell which fuse it might be.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I need to know which fuse number controls the tail lights

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/21/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

can you tell me what position the bulbs are in in the rear housings? its possible that you replaced the fog lights instead of the taillights. I dont mean to offend its just the most common thing that happens and i want to be on the same page.

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician