Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2009 Mercedes GL550 and the 2nd row bottom part of

Hello, I have a 2009...
Hello, I have a 2009 Mercedes GL550 and the 2nd row bottom part of the seat doesn't flip up in order to gain access to the 3rd row
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mercedes. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: It was working fine 10 mins earlier. After I put seat back down, that's when it wouldn't release again. It's as if the cable isn't fully engaged. The switch works fine, the back folds down, then when I try to lift the bottom seat portion
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

when you pull the handle do you feel any tension ?

There's tension when trying to put the back part down BUT, no tension when trying to lift the bottom part. Also, there's an error message that appeared on the dash that says, the 2nd row seat-right is not locked

Here are the instructions for replacing the cable which i do not think you will have to do BUT it shows the cabling. most times the cable comes loose from the holder.

best bet is to remove the panels or fabric to see under the seat , and while looking pull the handle a bunch of times to see where the cable moves and you will find where it came loose.

hope this helps.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

its also possible that something got stuck in the latches when moving the seat down, in that case brute force is only thing that will help.

let me know if the document I sent over helps.

Lou

Thanks Lou, I will try when I go to the truck... We're the instructions that you send for replacing the cable typed, or just the remove the bottom fabric and pull the handle?
I never received the document

i will resend, it would have been at the bottom of the message on 12:59

here it is again.

let me know if it helps :)

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Got it, thanks again..

no problem.

:)

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician