Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mercedes s430 4matic 2006 model battery terminal mistakenly…

Customer Question
mercedes s430 4matic 2006 model...
mercedes s430 4matic 2006 model battery terminal mistakenly was revers and about 4fuse in front left sam blow and 3fuse in rear seat sam blow and all fuse blow has been replaced but ABS light on and sound system displaying unavailable what next to do
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/21/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately I have seen this occur before in several cases.What usually happens is one or more computers/control units is damaged internally needing replaced.I have had to replace up to a dozen or more control units for having cables hooked backwards even if only briefly.

It sounds like your radio/command unit may be damaged as well as the anti lock brake ecu.

What has to be done from here is to use either a dealers sds machine to read out all codes set with this fault here.Then any codes set will need diagnosed.The biggest thing that needs done with a compatible scan tool or sds machine is to see which components are communicating and which are not.The components that are not communicating are usually the components that have failed needing replaced.

You do need to have a fully compatible scan tool to check this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

where is radio/command unit located and if any hidden fuse location we be appreciated.

The radio/command unit is the radio assembly itself in the dash that you use to turn on and off the radio,search radio stations and where the volume controls are.It is that complete assembly.There are only 3 fuse panels on this model here shown below.Since this is a major issue with a backwards jump start I would check each fuse in all fuse panels for any issues.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edtzv6huymmq41a/1-09-21.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o69x6sfifh7fftr/2-09-21.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2t6e7ktghyeire/3-09-21.gif?dl=0

If all fuses are found to be o.k. in all fuse panels then you would need to have the codes checked and the vehicle checked to see if any control units are not communicating with the scan tool or dealers sds machine as those are the components needing replaced ( any not communicating).

Keep in mind there are several control unit/computers that need coded or programmed after replacement.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic