Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I keep getting the malfunction notice. A vehicle symbol with…

I keep getting the...

I keep getting the malfunction notice. A vehicle symbol with an arrow up inside it. I think it has something to do with the leveling apparatus. 2008 GL-550?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Mercedes?

GL-550 4-matic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I actually just bought it used, I live 150 miles away from any dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If I could I would just disable the feature.

9/20/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

OK

Okay, well you can't disable it because it's part of the computer system. I want to try this relearn procedure first to see if it fixes it. if it doesn't, then we will need to read the codes with a code reader or preferably a scan tool. Any parts store can read the codes for you for free. See attachment.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Im not sure what the re-learn procedure is?

Okay, just read and do the attachment I sent to you. It's about disconnecting the battery with a few more details.

Thanks again, Ron