Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The horn went out, I ordered a replacement but the old one…

The horn went out...

The horn went out, I ordered a replacement but the old one had a three prong insert and the new one only has a two prong. Not sure how to wire in.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have tries to attach the wire different ways to see if the horn would work, but it did not.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all

9/20/2017
tim's auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

do you have power going to the horn?

did you order the correct horn?

what wire has the power when you press the horn button?

I can get it to work if I hook up the power/hot wire and touch the ground to something, but not if you push the horn only when I touch the hot and neg wires.

you need to find the hot from the plug with the horn button pressed

then just ground the other wire

though i would recommend getting the correct 3 wire horn

I will have to wait till I can actually be at the horn, to work this out. I did look for the three wire harness, I can not find it.

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Horn

Horn

To 1/23/12

(###) ###-####-$56.00

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace One

B 0.0 - 0.3 hours labor

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/okvd1drnehehrj9/0920-sprinter-EDW%20Horn%20Relay.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/okvd1drnehehrj9/0920-sprinter-EDW%20Horn%20Relay.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Thanks, ***** ***** quickly review the information

i dont have a lot of info for this year.

tim's auto repair