Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

ABS, BAS and ESP warning lights stay on, on my 2002 s430.

ABS, BAS and ESP...

ABS, BAS and ESP warning lights stay on, on my 2002 s430. Just had the right front air shock and control arm replaced. The lights weren't on before the shock and control arm were replaced. What could cause this? Problem with the wheel sensor connection?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the light been on for some time?

No. Just had the work done on it and picked it up yesterday. Lights were on then. They weren't on before the work was done.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Done the turn the steering wheel right and left. Resets the lights but they've come on again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. don't think so.

9/19/2017
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician
Hello I'm Wolfgang. Does the light trip when a hard turn is taken?
No. It stays on constantly.
Dealing the work done I bet a speed sensor is not hooked up correctly or by moving the wires for the speed sensor may have caused an open or short. Did you see any wires loose by any chance?
The vehicle sits so low I can't get under it to see.
I would have the repair shop have the vehicle towed and correct their misdiagnosis.
Thanks for the input.
My pleasure please one last thing please rate my assistance a positive one. That is how I get credit in assisting you.
Thanks and my pleasure
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician