Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I bought a used mercedes ml430 from 1999 and I needed a need…

Hey there. I bought...

Hey there. I bought a used mercedes ml430 from 1999 and I needed a need battery on sunday. But I don't have the radio code. So I can't turn it on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

I dont HAVE ANY MANUAL.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just changed the battery. and tried once a car key.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

9/20/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello, you came to the right place :)

I can get you the radio code

I will need your vin number to the car to get the last number stored in the mercedes system.

in some rare cases the radio has been replaces outside of the dealer so the code was not updated so if the code i give you does not work dont worry we can still get it.

if the radio says code do not press any random numbers or it will change to "wait"

once it does that it will not go back to code until the ignition and radio are left on for 15 minutes up to 24 hours.

but thats worst case. so if you can get me your vin I can and will get you the code.

Lou

the Vin no is: 4JGAB72E6XA094854

thank you I am checking for the code now.

:)

Ok the code in the system is 14612 and to show you I didn't make it up :) here is a screen shot of the code . Let me know if this works . Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
Hey do you know if I can get a key for this car just by mercedes or on rare lock smiths too?

ok so with me being a dealer tech, the only way I have ever gotten keys is through us, they come vin coded with no issues. BUT there are people out there that have key programmers that can code keys to the car. but that is beyond my personal experience.

I seen plenty of youtube videos of how its done, I have just never seen it in person or know anyone myself.

Cool, thanks. The key worked.
you're my hero for today!
that means basically I better should buy it at mercedes?

yeah , that is my honest opinion, the only problem you may encounter is that the ML is the only car that the key will start but the remote portion needs learned to the car. up to your model year you are supposed to be able to start the car and shut if off and remove the key and hold unlock and press lock 5 times real fast and the key should program, it was hit or miss if it did,

but yes the dealer is the only place. and you will need your registration and proof of ownership. due to our theft system requirements. we are not allowed to sell items that can cause theft without either the car in person or proof off ownership. hope this helps.

Lou

OK, thanks.
have a great night!

no problem, I can be your hero almost every time :)

please do not forget to rate me , thanks!

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
OK and where? ��

ok you got it, I am rated, thanks!