Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2002 s500 suspension is all the way down. the pump comes…

My 2002 s500 suspension...

My 2002 s500 suspension is all the way down. the pump comes on and runs for a couple of minutes, but does not raise the car. I loosened an air line on a front strut while the pump was running, but the pressure could easily be stopped with my thumb. How do I trouble check this system?

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

About two days ago I notice fluid under the front. I couldn't tell if it was water or not. I looked again today and it is dried up, but seemed to leave a faint pattern on the floor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will fix it myself if possible. It would take a wrecker to get it to my mechanic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This problem seems to have happened over night. the car is 2002 model with 120000 miles. no problem til now.

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2017
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

How long does the pump stay on when you start it?

two to three minutes

Did all four sides go down at the same time or one went out before the other one's ?

They were all four down when we woke up Monday morning. There had never been a problem with this before.

How old is your battery?

I don't know the age, but it is strong and hot. No problem with the battery.

The symptom you are experiencing can be caused by a weak battery, a leak in the compressor hose or a weak compressor. Since the battery is good next step is to make sure the suspension air lines are not leaking, since all four sides are doen i will recommend to check for leaks near the air compressor. If everything else is good then the problem is a weak air compressor.

thank you for now. I will check these.

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle. Let me know if you have any further questions And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh