Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Do you have schematics to reinstall front number? I'm having…

Customer Question
Hi, do you have schematics...
Hi, do you have schematics to reinstall front number? I'm having issues getting the tabs that hold the number and front fend together to fit properly:(
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/19/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 9 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello and thanks for requesting me . Did you mean bumper ?
front bumper
Ok sorry I figured that lol auto correct ha, ok yes I can get you the work info what year and model do you have ? Sorry this chat doesn't show the car
2010 s550

ok thanks, ***** ***** get that for you now.

Lou

you want the work info or the parts picture?

I want a step by step illustration showing how to take the front bumper off and reinstall or just reinstall part, both preferably. I guess that would be the works info?

ok yes ok :)

sorry just wanted to be sure.

getting them now.

here you go, Let me know if you need more.

Lou

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Do you have some thing a bit more illustrative or step by step for page one step (2) and (3), it's the metal part inside the fender that holds the front number and fender together. For Some reason I'm having a hard time reinstalling it and getting everything to fit, I'm sure it's simple:( thanks

ok i do not, but i can explain :)

you will see a groove in the fender and bumper, and you will see a rod on the one end of the bracket, the rod slides into the groove in the fender and you push it forward, as you push it it will squeeze the fender and bumper together, and then you push the screwed end toward the fender and bumper to line up the hole that the screw goes into.

I will see if i can get something illustrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBLfuAJnDZA

here you go someone made a video lol,

look at 4;00 mark.

I still don't have an idea how to correctly install the part, it seems like there's not enough space to add it back in. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong. But I would need an illustration showing step by step. This is really silly as I'm retry handy, but this is just too thought to make it fit. I realize that it's made to squeeze and bumber together.
YouTube video you sent only showed how to deInstall.
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Ok send me a picture of your bracket and how you are trying to install it and maybe we could do a phone offer because there is a lot that can be lost in translation. In my mind I described how to install it perfectly BUT I have done hundrreds of these so I'm not sure where the disconnect in info is .

are you still fighting this?

Will try when I get the new xenon ballast next week,
You helped me narrow down it was the xenon ballast on my first issue, I relaxed it and it works. However, the lightdont turn adjust right leftnwhen I turn the wheeel like before and on start up when they about adjust the headlight, go up and down, they are it synced, meaning one goes up first the the other is delayed by 2 second.
It’s no the original part for theballast but was told they are interchangeable.
What do you think is the issue?
Replaced it
Auto adjust
Spell check sucks!! Lol
The adjuster can come loose in the headlight assembly . Check that first .
Great, but what does it look like and where is it located the adjuster ?
Would the “ wrong “ ballast effect these abilities? Even though the headlight illuminates...

take the cover off like if you were going to change the bulb and grab the bulb and holder and see if you can twist it side to side. if you cannot then the adjuster is ok and the headlight might need coded to the car with a scanner.

Ok and if the adjuster is loose how do you put it back into place?I remember manually being able to move the bulb/housing a bit when changing the bulb originally.
It will just snap back into place . Like a little ball and socket deal. If it’s not broken