Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 sl550 vario top wont open or close and has…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 sl550 vario top wont open or close and has left a 3-5 inch gap where trunk should close after top is closed and latched

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

On what?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet reading fporums about faulty flaps which seems to maybe the case. my concern is drrivign it with the gap in the trunk space

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 11 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

is the gap at the rear window to trunk? or at the back of the trunk to bumper?

we can possibly fix this temporarily to get the trunk to close I just need to be sure that the gap is where the back window meets the trunk lid.