Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

95 s420 wont start. Trams froze in 2nd engine rain in half…

95 s420 wont start...

95 s420 wont start. Trams froze in 2nd engine rain in half speed. Mechanic tried ECU tested fuel pump. It turns over and "coughs upper harness looks good. Don't know about lower yet. Any thoughts? Thank you. Van

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

It tested full pressure according to my mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S420 yourself? What have you tried so far?

All the above was done by my mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Mechanic said wiring harness fried. But upper is Delphi 2006 so insulation should be rubber and no biodegradable. I hope😁

9/19/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

first thing is to either check the fuel pressure or see if the engine will run off of starter fluid.

that will tell us the direction we need to go in.

also was the fuel filled recently before this happend?

how full is the fuel tank?

Thanks. Starter fluid no go. Tank empty(to my embarrassment). Will fill with high test and pray for a start. Van

ok that is good news :)

better then having a major failure :)

well if you need more help after that let me know I will do my best to help.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Gas failed. Will try to reset throttle and trans frm video on internet. Am desperate now(h). Van
Above failed. Still frying to get an answer as to whether there is a separate lower body harness and if so, is there remain ones out the? This for your help. Van

I am not 100% sure about reman harnesses.

that I cannot advise on.

Lou

Ok
Started in neutral for 12+ revs had valve chatter then slowly died. Would not start again. Chhecking battery. Gets stranger but the day. Thks. Van
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician